INTRO TO PLANT-BASED EATING WORKSHOP
Saturday 26th May 2018
Plant-based eating has been in the spotlight recently and the secret is out that it needn't be boring, difficult, 'dangerous' or unpalatable - rather, it can be some of the most delicious, satisfying and nutritionally dense food you've ever eaten!
Come and join the owner of The Raw Kitchen and long-term naturopath, Heath Daly, alongside Amy of Amy Lloyd Nutrition as they cover this comprehensive introduction to all things plant-based! They'll delve into the very best foundational knowledge of plant-based eating, answer common questions and concerns, and showcase five hand-picked plant-based recipes that demonstrate a breadth of the nutritional areas of focus, which of course are delicious too!
"There is no 'one perfect diet' for everyone. Health is dynamic and our nutritional requirements change constantly. The key is to start working it out for yourself; you can do this by starting with a diet dominated by whole, plant-based foods. We can get most, if not all of our nutrients from a plant-based diet, once we know how. My job is to show you how to get the very most out of plant-based eating." Heath
The recipes are easy, super tasty and designed to meet all of our key nutritional requirements, whilst giving you the basic tools and skills to develop on from.
We'll be covering, teaching (and tasting!):
- The key nutritional fundamentals in approaching a plant-centric diet
- The most important ingredients and how to use them
- The benefits and the pitfalls to avoid
- Best plant-based protein sources and delicious ways to use quinoa in a variety of dishes
- Nut milks and dairy replacements
- How to utilise seaweeds and medicinal mushrooms, with a nutrient dense dulse and shitake broth recipe as an example
- The power of smoothies featuring 'the most nutrient dense smoothie' of all time
HOLISTIC PLANT-BASED SPORTS NUTRITION WORKSHOP
Saturday 26th May 2018
If you train or compete in some form of sport or just like to keep fit, then you will want to come to this workshop. A lot has changed since the old ‘carb loading’ days; this workshop will discuss the new research regarding sports nutrition and how to implement it using a plant-based, wholefood diet.
Join Heath Daly, Naturopath and co-owner of The Raw Kitchen, with nutritionist Amy Lloyd, from Amy Lloyd Nutrition, for this in-depth exploration along with specifically crafted recipe tastings and demonstrations.
Come and learn:
- Which specific amino acids boost athletic performance and how to best ingest them
- What happens when you train in a fasted state
- The best sources of plant protein
- The super-charged fat used by 'athletes in the know'
- How to turn sleep into the greatest performance enhancing drug available (literally)
- How to tailor a program to your bio-individuality
And much,much more...
PLUS, you'll be learning the following recipes:
- Micronutrient dense, anti inflammatory quinoa recovery curry
- Spirulina, mango and pumpkin seed powerballs
- Coconut milk, chia seed and blueberry leathers
- Cordyceps mushroom, mesquite, maca and cacao pre-workout smoothie
- Pre bed-time athletes sleep elixir with theobromine and reishi mushrooms
You'll have the opportunity to taste every recipe demonstrated, ask all the questions you can think of, and take home a copy of all recipes in a printed booklet. These are demonstration based classes and are not hands on.
All recipes are 100% free from gluten, dairy, refined sugar and egg and made using the finest whole food ingredients.
RECEIVE 15% OFF WHEN BOOKING BOTH WORKSHOPS!
A full refund or transfer is provided for cancellations 2 weeks or more before the event. A 50% refund or credit is provided for cancellations or transfers to an alternative date less than 2 weeks before the event. Unfortunately refunds or transfers are not available for cancellations within 48hrs of the event or non-attendance. If you are unable to make the event on the day for any reason, you're welcome to find somebody to replace you, but we are unable to process refunds or transfers for non attendance. Please NB: dates are subject to cancellation if minimum class numbers are not reached. In this instance, refunds or transfers will be issued to all paid bookings.
"Wow, loved it all! The food was great and Heath was hilarious, genuine and so knowledgeable. Exceeded my expectations. Thank you."
Sandra - Guildford
"Amazing from start to finish! The information was fascinating and so much more than expected. Heath’s passion was infectious. The food was delicious (the pasta was my favourite) and I feel so inspired to go home and implement all I’ve learnt. Thank you! Highly recommended!"
"Excellent workshop. It was all very new to me, but I've left feeling informed and confident to start incorporating all the elements into my day to day life. Heath is an impressive presenter. Well worth it."
Dave - Hilton
- Healthy, plant-powered breakfasts
- Chocolate making
- Raw desserts
- The art of fermentation
- Plant-based cheesemaking
- Intro to plant-based eating
- Functional foods for the mind
- Food as medicine masterclass
- Weight loss with plants
- Raw dehydrating
- Intro to raw
- Plant-based fat burning foods
- Getting in shape for the new year
- Yoga and nutritional medicine
- Recipes for kids
- Beauty and skin health
- Plant-based 'cheats'