UPCOMING WORKSHOPS & LECTURES
MEDICINAL MUSHROOMS & TONIC HERBS
With special guest Mason, founder of SuperFeast!
Saturday 1 September, 3.00-5.00pm
LOCATION: Downstairs in our workshop zone
Tonic herbs have been used for thousands of years by those wishing to potentiate and fortify their health against ageing and disease. Ancient herbalists were very much focused on longevity and exploring the potential of their bodies, and the use of tonic herbs and medicinal mushrooms were integral to that exploration (especially Taoist tonic herbs). With the modern world getting more and more intense, the magic of these herbs is coming forth to help keep our immune systems strong, our adrenals healthy and the body nourished.
In this epic workshop you will get an in depth introduction to the art of tonic herbalism and how to bring these ancient herbs into your life. We intend for you to leave with a solid foundation of understanding about where these herbs fit into a modern lifestyle while getting the chance to see how easily and deliciously these herbs can be integrated into the modern lifestyle.
In this talk you will learn:
The core philosophy and guide for understanding Taoist tonic herbs
- The importance of sourcing wild-crafted herbs and the ins and outs of the medicinal mushroom world
- Ways the herbs address stress and exhaustion
- Why tonic herbs and medicinal mushrooms are a key to potent immunity
- How to understand the nature and energy of tonic herbs
- How to balance the hormones with adaptogens
- What you can do to rebuild your body’s foundations of energy and vitality
- How to make tonic herbs a part of your lifestyle and longevity strategy
- Latest research on tonics and medicinal mushrooms
- How to make tonic herbal hot chocolates, coffees and more
Join Heath Daly from The Raw Kitchen and Mason Taylor from SuperFeast as they teach you the way of the tonic herbs.
Heath is the owner of The Raw Kitchen and a Naturopath with over 20 years experience in holistic medicine. He was a senior lecturer at The Australian College of Natural Medicine and has been public lecturing on health and wellness for the last 12 years. Heath is a progressive health educator on a mission to help people connect back to nature and heal.
Mason Taylor is a health educator and host of The Mason Taylor Show podcast. He is a passionate tonic herbalist and founder of Australia’s leading tonic herb company, SuperFeast. Mason is dedicated to teaching people of all walks of life how to embrace and benefit from the healing forces of nature as they create a unique and dynamic health philosophy. A long and happy life is the intention. Mason also brings a refreshing and cheeky sense of humour to his talks, podcast, and life, because longevity relies on a good belly laugh.
TICKETS: $110 standard / $85 concession
A full refund or transfer is provided for cancellations 2 weeks or more before the event. A 50% refund or credit is provided for cancellations or transfers to an alternative date less than 2 weeks before the event. Unfortunately refunds or transfers are not available for cancellations within 48hrs of the event or non-attendance. If you are unable to make the event on the day for any reason, you're welcome to find somebody to replace you, but we are unable to process refunds or transfers for non attendance. Please NB: dates are subject to cancellation if minimum class numbers are not reached. In this instance, refunds or transfers will be issued to all paid bookings.
* Concession card must be shown upon arrival - accepted cards are student / health care card / veterans / pensioner. Please note, if a valid concession card is not displayed upon arrival, the difference is value will be required to be paid before entry
"Wow, loved it all! The food was great and Heath was hilarious, genuine and so knowledgeable. Exceeded my expectations. Thank you."
Sandra - Guildford
"Amazing from start to finish! The information was fascinating and so much more than expected. Heath’s passion was infectious. The food was delicious (the pasta was my favourite) and I feel so inspired to go home and implement all I’ve learnt. Thank you! Highly recommended!"
"Excellent workshop. It was all very new to me, but I've left feeling informed and confident to start incorporating all the elements into my day to day life. Heath is an impressive presenter. Well worth it."
Dave - Hilton
"Fascinating! Loved it! Heath, you're an inspiration." Gabby - Secret Harbour
"Heath has a way of bringing together the best and latest information and making it easy to understand and better yet, incredibly engaging. He's truly the leader in this field of information that I've come across." John - Subiaco
"If you're not sure if this is for you, just do it. Heath is passionate, entertaining and so easy to listen to and you'll come away with such a broad, informed and refreshing perspective on natural health and wellbeing." Sarah - Fremantle
"The very best lecture I've ever attended. I feel so inspired! Thank you!" Faye - Morley
- Healthy, plant-powered breakfasts
- Chocolate making
- Raw desserts
- The art of fermentation
- Plant-based cheesemaking
- Intro to plant-based eating
- Functional foods for the mind
- Food as medicine masterclass
- Weight loss with plants
- Raw dehydrating
- Intro to raw
- Plant-based fat burning foods
- Getting in shape for the new year
- Yoga and nutritional medicine
- Recipes for kids
- Beauty and skin health
- Plant-based 'cheats'
- Holistic plant-based sports nutrition
- Quick & easy healthy eating on the run
- Elixirs 101
- The menopause menu
- The fasting mimicking diet
- Access the benefits of fasting, without fasting! Fasting mimicking diets
- Hormone health with natural medicine
- Food as medicine - an introduction
- How to create the life you want with healthy habits
- An introduction to self care using holistic medicine
- Detox training
- The mind in health - our secret weapon
- Nutritional medicine - the essentiaks
- Weight loss made easy - cut weight and feel great
- Kombucha and botanical fermentation
- Gut health - the key to wellness
- Electromagnetic radiation - what you need to know!