UPCOMING WORKSHOPS & LECTURES
INTRO TO PLANT-BASED EATING
Saturday 21 July, 3.00-5.30pm
Plant-based eating has been in the spotlight recently and the secret is out that it needn't be boring, difficult, 'dangerous' or unpalatable - rather, it can be some of the most delicious, satisfying and nutritionally dense food you've ever eaten!
Come and join the owner of The Raw Kitchen and long-term naturopath, Heath Daly, alongside owner of Holistic Health Nut, Aurora Gilbert, as they cover this comprehensive and DELICIOUS introduction to all things plant-based! They'll delve into the very best foundational knowledge of plant-based eating, answer common questions and concerns, and showcase six hand-picked plant-based recipes that demonstrate a breadth of the nutritional areas of focus, whist demonstrating just how incredibly tasty and interesting plant-based eating can be!
"There is no 'one perfect diet' for everyone. Health is dynamic and our nutritional requirements change constantly. The key is to start working it out for yourself; you can do this by starting with a diet dominated by whole, plant-based foods. We can get most, if not all of our nutritients from a plant-based diet, once we know how. My job is to show you how to get the very most out of plant-based eating." Heath
The recipes are easy, super tasty and designed to meet all of our key nutritional requirements, whilst giving you the basic tools and skills to develop on from.
We'll be covering, teaching (and tasting!):
- Creamy medicinal mushroom cream and smokey seawood soup
- Caramelised banana quinoa porridge with a lucuma mesquite buckwheat crumble, hemp seeds & black sesame seeds
- Beet and ginger sauerkraut, two ways
- Berry and lemon raw cheesecake with acai and macqui berry
- Sweet potato flat bread with cassava flour, garlic, smoked paprika and sundried tomatoes
- How to sprout your own nutrient dense broccoli sprouts at home
- The key nutritional fundamentals in approaching a plant-centric diet
- The most important ingredients and how to use them
- The benefits and the pitfalls to avoid
- Best plant-based protein sources
You'll have the opportunity to taste every recipe demonstrated, ask all the questions you can think of, and take home a copy of all recipes in a printed booklet.
All recipes are 100% free from gluten, dairy, refined sugar and egg and made using the finest whole food ingredients.
TICKETS: $125 standard / $95 concession* (concession card must be shown upon arrival)
This is a demonstration-based workshop and is not hands-on.
* Concession card must be shown upon arrival - accepted cards are student / health care card / veterans / pensioner. Please note, if a valid concession card is not displayed upon arrival, the difference is value will be required to be paid before entry
WIFI TOXICITY & SOLUTIONS
“The most important health talk I will give this year.” (Heath)
Saturday 4 August, 6.30-8.30pm
What you don’t know can’t hurt you, right?
If we were to take a guess, most of us would think the greatest potential threats to our health are processed sugars, environmental pollutants, bad fats and the like, but would you be surprised if I told you that one of the greatest threats is actually coming from our phones, computers and wireless devices? Man-made electromagnetic fields (EMFs) are problematic to our health, and we all need to know about them AND how to protect ourselves (without going off the grid).
We're seeing insulin resistances from blue light, leaky blood brain barriers from wifi radiation, brain cancers from smart phones and the list keeps getting longer...this is serious stuff and is very real. We need to learn how to negate the harmful effects of ‘non native’ EMFs in our day to day lives...the good news is, there are solutions. I will be explaining how.
I guarantee you will leave this lecture with a newfound respect and appreciation for the quantum principles that make life possible on a cellular level. Nature has all of the answers we are seeking and by living in harmony with its cycles, we will thrive.
“We are electric beings; our cells are batteries, and electromagnetic fields transfer information around our body at the speed of light. We know how powerful an effect our hormones and neurotransmitters have on our wellbeing but they are secondary to the importance of electromagnetic fields in the body. It is essential to respect and protect our native electromagnetic field from disruptive radiation so we can thrive physically, mentally and spiritually.” Heath (ND. HD.)
LECTURER: Heath Daly, naturopath and co-owner of The Raw Kitchen
A full refund or transfer is provided for cancellations 2 weeks or more before the event. A 50% refund or credit is provided for cancellations or transfers to an alternative date less than 2 weeks before the event. Unfortunately refunds or transfers are not available for cancellations within 48hrs of the event or non-attendance. If you are unable to make the event on the day for any reason, you're welcome to find somebody to replace you, but we are unable to process refunds or transfers for non attendance. Please NB: dates are subject to cancellation if minimum class numbers are not reached. In this instance, refunds or transfers will be issued to all paid bookings.
"Wow, loved it all! The food was great and Heath was hilarious, genuine and so knowledgeable. Exceeded my expectations. Thank you."
Sandra - Guildford
"Amazing from start to finish! The information was fascinating and so much more than expected. Heath’s passion was infectious. The food was delicious (the pasta was my favourite) and I feel so inspired to go home and implement all I’ve learnt. Thank you! Highly recommended!"
"Excellent workshop. It was all very new to me, but I've left feeling informed and confident to start incorporating all the elements into my day to day life. Heath is an impressive presenter. Well worth it."
Dave - Hilton
"Fascinating! Loved it! Heath, you're an inspiration." Gabby - Secret Harbour
"Heath has a way of bringing together the best and latest information and making it easy to understand and better yet, incredibly engaging. He's truly the leader in this field of information that I've come across." John - Subiaco
"If you're not sure if this is for you, just do it. Heath is passionate, entertaining and so easy to listen to and you'll come away with such a broad, informed and refreshing perspective on natural health and wellbeing." Sarah - Fremantle
"The very best lecture I've ever attended. I feel so inspired! Thank you!" Faye - Morley
- Healthy, plant-powered breakfasts
- Chocolate making
- Raw desserts
- The art of fermentation
- Plant-based cheesemaking
- Intro to plant-based eating
- Functional foods for the mind
- Food as medicine masterclass
- Weight loss with plants
- Raw dehydrating
- Intro to raw
- Plant-based fat burning foods
- Getting in shape for the new year
- Yoga and nutritional medicine
- Recipes for kids
- Beauty and skin health
- Plant-based 'cheats'
- Holistic plant-based sports nutrition
- Quick & easy healthy eating on the run
- Elixirs 101
- Access the benefits of fasting, without fasting! Fasting mimicking diets
- Hormone health with natural medicine
- Food as medicine - an introduction
- How to create the life you want with healthy habits
- An introduction to self care using holistic medicine
- Detox training
- The mind in health - our secret weapon
- Nutritional medicine - the essentiaks
- Weight loss made easy - cut weight and feel great
- Kombucha and botanical fermentation
- Gut health - the key to wellness