Sustainability and environmental awareness is very real for us and central to our ethos.
Every aspect of our business, from the design through to the build and implementation has been evaluated for its greater ecological impact.
We aim to showcase and support positive sustainable practice in the industry.
- In the kitchen, we consciously practice waste minimisation, plastic policies & composting
- Throughout the venue, we use environmentally certified cleaning products, eco lighting, recycled paper products and water-wise appliances
- Any waste that is produced is separated and recycled and we have developed relationships with our suppliers to support our environmental efforts
- In store, we serve our drinks with reusable stainless steel straws, (this alone saves over 20,000 single-use straws per year from entering the envirnonment from our venue alone)
- We serve our T/A food in biodegradable packaging and we support customer initiative with a sustainability loyalty card program, rewarding those using BYO cups, plus offer resuable bamboo straws at cost price as an alternative to single-use options
- Even our loyalty cards are made from our old menu pages, cut up and stamped ready for an extra lifecycle
- Remaining scrap paper is shredded and made available to customers to use for home compost and similarly excess jars from the kitchen are washed and made available for customers to take home and repurpose
- In the kitchen, we’ve swapped disposable marker pens for a refillable option and use wooden pencils instead of plastic pens throughout the business
- We choose not to serve bottled water, instead offering filtered still and sparkling water on tap to avoid packaging waste
- Leftover table water is poured into buckets and used to water our plants
- Our house brand of Gypsy Elixirs kombucha is near on 100% plastic free during the entire manufacturing process and is packaged in glass and metal only, with recycled cotton labels. We also offer a $1 customer refund initiative when a bottle is returned to us
- Our retail store stocks Perth's largest range of Zero Waste and plastic free lifestyle products, to support those looking to minimise their personal waste production and we are almost completely plastic-free in the product lines we choose to stock in store
- And lastly, inline with the latest environmental research by the UN, by choosing plant-based cuisine and reducing our consumption of animal products, we together reduce the significant environmental impact that food choices play on our planet. This, above all else, is the most sustainable choice that we - both as individuals and as a social group - can make, in order to produce the greatest and most immediate impact on carbon emissions, rates of global water consumption and pollution, land degradation and more
Our longer term goal is to complete the circle with farming practices to supplement our produce cycle and to be running the venue on solar and renewable energy sources.
Your patrongage helps to support our environmental efforts, our sincere thanks.